Sunday 20 October 2013

3D design. day 1

As an introduction to 3D we were to take part in a range of projects that incorporate essential elements common to the disciplines within the pathway, namely structure, dorm and function.

First part of the day we were asked to do drawing exercises, such as to draw a favourite type of clothing and then make it into a light, or write your house number and convert it into a bus stop. The exercise was completely random and bizarre but being honest I enjoyed it and thought it was fun and interesting.



Second part of the day we had to create something, almost like a stand that would be able to hold a water bottle. 
These are the picture of steps creating my stand. 





My final outcome did not come out as expected as it did not hold the water bottle.


At the end of the day we were asked to make a chair, 10 cm from the floor and that it would hold the person sitting down. 
I did not have any ideas of what i was going to do, so just went with the flow. Started with cardboard, then attaching pieces together so it would get stronger. My initial ideas kept changing so at the end i just focused on making it stable. 


However my end result looked like a big mess and I was actually a bit embarrassed of it. Also as I tried focusing on it being able to hold a person, unfortunately I failed at making it work.
I found this project very stressful but at the same time enjoyable as it was something that I have never done before. If I had more time I would have made it more neat and organised even though I quite like the messiness. I think if it was painted one colour it would look quite good and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment