Sunday 20 October 2013

3D . Spaghetti structures

Unusual activity - had to create a structure out of spaghetti that would hold 3 ball. First thing we had to do was sketch out as many ideas in the sketchbook and then go on and doing. However when I got to do my structure I did not follow any of my sketches and just went with it. I started to create some weird little, almost like spider webs and then added triangles on top.




After we finished making the structures we were asked to create a protection for them out of paper, make something that would prevent it from breaking. Therefore i just used paper around the spaghetti, did not put too much thought into it and did not really care how it will look like.



When the protection was made, all of our work was put on the floor and then destroyed with a basketball ball. 



I took a short video to show how the structures were destroyed.

Over all I enjoyed this project as it was interesting and unexpected. I am really used to creating detailed work but this time I liked the process of being focused on the work. I also enjoyed my outcome as I had to idea in the beginning what I was going to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment