Monday 21 October 2013

Live drawing

I have done loads of different exercises for live drawing which were fun and exciting. As I done live drawing before I felt quite confident with the whole concept of drawing a nude model and drawing loads of quick sketches. However I enjoyed being told to you exercises that I have never done before such as drawing with 2 completely different drawing materials in both hands 
( 1st picture, charcoal and water colour pen) at the same time. I actually really liked such a complex task and I am satisfied  with the outcome.
Second drawing was done with a water colour pen and in about 3-5 mins.


The second part of drawings were even more unusual as we were asked to take a drawing material and wrap it around any part of the body with tape and draw with it.  I chose a pencil and wrap it around my arm, it was challenging but not too hard to draw. 
And the drawing on the right was created by using a bamboo stick, sticking a drawing material onto it, putting a piece of paper on the floor and drawing on it without looking. I think this was the weirdest exercise but at the same time even though it looks completely weird, I actually like the outcome. It looks very abstract. 


This drawing was created by only using vertical and horizontal lines to create the body and curves. It did not take too long but it was easier than I thought it would be, it did not take too long either.
The drawing below is just a simple sketch of quite weird pose using a brown pencil.

A marker continuous line drawing. To be honest I really do not like the outcome as the pink marker just does not look good and it was hard to create the right curves.
The drawing below is a fine liner sketch used with bamboo stick. First sketch done with fine liner and I enjoyed using it because of how strong the lines were made.

A quick charcoal drawing of an unusual pose and a bit of shading.


Last 20 mins drawing of a close up of a girl laying down on a table.
I think this could been most enjoyable exercise as we actually had time to think of what lines we want to create. Even though with time comes over thinking and struggling of how to make it perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment